Submission Due Date: Monday, October 22, 2012
Theme: "The Magic of a Moment"
Here is how to participate in the DVMS Reflections contest:
1. Read the attached 2 files, General Rules and Quick Guidelines, and decide
which category or categories to enter. The categories are:
Special Artist (NEW CATEGORY!)
2. Before starting your work, read detailed information for your chosen
category found in the attached files. (For example, read
dance_Choreography2012.pdf for Dance)
3. Complete your work. Put your name and grade on the BACK of your art work.
4. Fill out the attached DVMS Entry form. (Just this form this year) Submit
your work AND the entry form at the DVMS office by noon on Monday, October
Judging criteria are:
1. Interpretation of Theme: How closely the piece relates to the theme,
based on the artwork itself and the artist statement. 50%
2. Artistic Merit/Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its
conception of the theme and its presentation. 30%
3. Mastery of Medium: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic
principles/techniques of the arts area. 20%
For questions, contact at email@example.com.